I always get an anxious pit in my stomach in the days approaching Labor Day whenever I think about summer’s end. This summer is no different. But, this time, I’ve changed my perspective and I think that it is a good thing. I’ve had so much fun this summer that I am actually nervous to see it go. It must mean that we have made pretty good use of our time this summer, right?
With this look that exudes summer and is really only appropriate on a beach or in a beach town, I am chasing summer. This is me, in quiet rebellion, of summer’s end.
Allow me to break it down for you:
- Oversized man shirt turned crop top/coverup: It’s a must. I have “borrowed” this shirt from my dad. It is one of three very similar shirts that he and my mom brought back from their honeymoon in St. Barth’s (Yes, their honeymoon. This shirt is older than I am). It is noteworthy that when the sleeves are unrolled and the tails are unknotted I look like I am wearing a dress and have no hands. I might also point out that I am currently “borrowing” all three of these shirts. Sorry, Dad.
- High waisted cut off jorts: these baby’s go from day to night and from beach to boozy Bon Fire better than anything else I own. They are just that good.
- Puka shell necklace: I have been looking for the perfect Puka shell necklace for awhile. Wait, what? No, seriously though, this necklace is so uncool that it actually may be the coolest ever. I also may be obsessed with it.
- Riudavets Avarcas sandals (in *white*): these sandals were a stellar purchase. I was initially on the fence about them. HAH. They have been with me everywhere this summer. They are super durable — the souls are literally made out of tire. I highly recommend them for those of you walking on jedis, rocky beaches, parking lot asphalt, docks, grass, streets, water (you get the gist). Go get a pair.
- Braid crown: I tried this for the first time this August. Talk about an ah-hah moment. It’s the best thing ever. Anyone with long hair will understand how amazing it is to not have your hair on your back in August. Plus, I kind of feel like Heidi meets Princess Leia, which is pretty cool too.
- Lucite clutch adorned with citrus: this Charlotte Olympia clutch rules. That is all.
Oh and a white mani!
Happy never ending summer!
Wearing: Vintage Front And Lounge Shirt, Riudavets Avarca Sandals, Zinke bikini top, Lovers + Friends Jack High Waister Shorts, Dom Vetro ‘Lupetto’ Sunglasses, Charlotte Olympia Lucite clutch (also love this one and this one)
Jewelry: Belliza Knight Puka shell necklace and lariat necklace (also love this one), Miansai Naomi cuff, Stella & Dot Milana Tassel Bracelets, Belliza Knight evil eye bracelets, crystal cube bracelet and upper arm bracelet, Lionette Costa Bracelet, Abby Carnevale Flower Rings, Bing Bang Double Baguette Ring, Bing Bang Hexagonal Ring, Seaworthy Art Deco Hoops, Steven Alan gold bar stud earrings, Number ’13′ earrings found on Etsy
Photography by Alexander Scott Harris