Happy December! I hope that everyone had a great holiday weekend with their fill of good food surrounded by family and friends! I always look forward to catching up with loved ones over the holidays. With each year, I find myself cherishing this time more and more – perhaps it has something to do with growing up and becoming more aware of how fast time passes which has me both reflecting on and being thankful for any and all time with friends and family.
This oversized sweater and boyfriend jeans look kept me quite cozy this past week and weekend through the pre-thanksgiving snow that we had on the East Coast! The sweater accompanied me on the numerous last minute trips to the grocery store that I was sent on. Speaking of trips to the store, has the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale mania reached a new extreme this year? The countless promotional emails flooding my inbox seem to be even more than in years past. Don’t get me wrong, I love a good sale, and I am all for saving a little dough when doing your holiday shopping. But I also think there is something to be said for companies who opt out of the post-thanksgiving sale craze. Take Everlane for example, they have actually shut down their site for the past two years on Black Friday. This year they decided to keep the site open and put the profits from their Black Friday sales towards improving their silk factory in China – you can read more about it here. I don’t know about you, but I think that is pretty bad ass and it makes me want to be an even more loyal Everlane shopper. I currently have my eye on this, this and this.
With that said, here are some sales worth checking out today when navigating through the Cyber Monday vortex:
- Club Monaco is offering up to 30% off with code CYBERSALE – get my favorite boyfriend sweater and heels as seen in this look! I also am seriously coveting this and this.
- 30% off all full price merchandise and 40% off sale at J. Crew with code MONDAY – I have been eyeing this and this
- Piperlime is offering 30% off site wide plus and additional 40% off sale – I really love these and these
- Bloomingdales is offering 25% off select full price and sale merchandise – some of my favorites are here and here
- ShopBop is offering up to 25% off your order with code GOBIG14 – I love this and these
- Theory is offering 40% off – I have been eyeing this and this
- 30% off everything at Asos with code ILOVEMONDAYS – I’m loving this and this
Jewelry: Belliza Knight necklace, Vintage Rolex watch, Monika Chiang hand chain (similar here), Belliza Knight and vintage rings, Bing Bang stacking rings, Bing Bang Threader earrings, Steven Alan gold bar studs, Number 13 stud earrings found on Etsy
Photography by Alexander Scott Harris